If there are cheerleading auditions in your future check out these tips and pointers for cheerleaders of all ages:
Cheerleading Auditions for High School Cheerleading
- Brush up on your gymnastic moves. If you haven't had a cheerleading gymnastics class before, take one now! Cheerleading is a physically demanding sport, and the sooner you know the basic tumbles, flips and cheerleading jumps the better.
- Get a copy of the requirements and the general information for the audition. Be sure you meet their qualifications and that you are willing to commit to the responsibilities involved.
- Be on time! Showing up late to an audition indicates to the judges a lack of commitment.
- Always warm up. Before you start your routine, make sure that you have warmed up those muscles.
- Always look the judges in the eye. This will help you win points.
- Remember to smile. Judges want to see a confident competitor.
- Energy is essential in a cheerleading audition. Don't be overly enthusiastic that it becomes annoying.