- Start and End With Prayer - The bible teaches us that God blesses those who bless Him and He speaks to those who listen. The foundation and power of your group should be prayer. Group leaders should also get together and pray for direction and guidance. Remember, if we pray God will hear us.
- Select Good Topics - Ask speakers who are faithful to the Church to talk to your group on occasion and try to vary the formats -- one week have a straight lecture and a Question and Answer session, the next week you might break into small groups to discuss a particular topic. In short, mix things up!
Keep the people intrigued with a mix of topics. Don't be afraid to dive into heavy topics with your youth groups. Just remember to keep the conversation age appropriate.
Pray a lot for discernment. Pray to know when you should deliver the tough message and when you should wait for a better time.
Do some "ice breaker" activities at the beginning of a meeting. Ask things like: Who travelled the farthest during the last week or month? Who had a birthday? etc. They will help people feel more comfortable and help build familiarity and freindships.
- Use Good Marketing - They say that perception is reality. If your group is perceived as a good place to be, it will draw people to it and help keep them interested and involved. Use some of these specific ways to promote your group:
- Develop a catchy group name. Try for something short and easy to remember - hold a contest to come up with the name
- Create a logo or visual identity that you can use on papers, signs, or even t-shirts.
- Create t-shirts to build on a sense of membership and belonging. People like to belong to things.
- Consider putting a sports team together and play in a local church or park league.
- Ask someone to act as a PR person to place regular announcements about group activities in the church bulletin and local media.
- Print up some business cards with group's meeting times, location, and even a map. Let the members have some to use as invitations to friends at school etc.
- Publish a regular newsletter - monthly, if possible. Even one page is enough. You can ask the members to contribute stories or write about recent activities and outings.
- Thinks of funny or clever titles to promote upcoming events or study topics. Be creative, but tasteful.
- Ask group members to actively seek out new members and be on the lookout for other kids who might benefit from your group. Recognize and reward those who invite others. You might even establish a "Bring A Friend" night once a month.
- Run a canned good collection or other activity that will benefit others. Invite the people you meet to come to your meetings or check out your church.
- Create The Right Atmosphere - Make your meetings comfortable, inviting, and upbeat. Try to create a sense of anticipation for your next meeting. Make people feel like there is always something special happening at the meetings. Invite members to help decorate the meeting room if allowed.
The Top No Upfront Cost
Fundraisers in America
Top Fundraising Products
Elite Retreats is our complete frozen gourmet snack fundraising program. If your group has had success with frozen cookie dough fundraisers you might upgrade to Elite Retreats. The program includes cookie dough along with cinnamon rolls, funnel cakes and more. It is our most complete frozen desserts fundraiser. Groups can make up to 55% profit.
Is your group looking for newer, healthier, more earth friendly fundraising? This is the hottest new fundraising program available. Program includes trees, flower bulbs, organic foods, reusable shopping bags, healthy snacks and more. Up to 55% profit and small minimum orders make this an optimal choice for groups of all ages and sizes.
If you or your group have a Facebook page and are earth friendly then you should sign up for this fundraiser. You offer 9 different easy-to-grow Bag Gardens for $10 each. Each item contains seed packets and soil pellets in foil-lined bags that you use as a container to grow your plant in. You get everything you need to grow your own Oregano, Basil, Parsley, Cilantro, Jalapeno Peppers, Beefsteak Tomato's and more. Each item will be sent individually to any address in the USA. You make $4 on every item you purchase.
If you want an easy fundraising idea for sports, scratch card fundraisers are just what you are looking for. If you can not find your specific sport in our collection of scratch off graphics, All Sports Cards are your best option. Make up to 90% profit.
Frozen cookie dough is one of the best selling fundraising products. Everyone loves freshly baked cookies. This is our best selling cookie dough program because of the retail selling price. You will sell 2 pounds tubs of dough for only $10 each. Shipping is free unless you are in an extreme remote area. And there's no cost to get started.
Are you looking for custom lollipops? We have heart shaped lollipops, bunny lollipops, musical lollipops, star shaped lollipops, lips lollipops, Valentines lollipops. If fact we have lollipops for just about any time of year. You can make great profits with lollipop fundraisers anytime of the year. Look in this section for wholesale lollipops and wholesale suckers!
Helpful Pages to Consider
Please Follow Us
Google+ Plus 1
Free Fundraising Thermometer