- Start and End With Prayer - The bible teaches us that God blesses those who bless Him and He speaks to those who listen. The foundation and power of your group should be prayer. Group leaders should also get together and pray for direction and guidance. Remember, if we pray God will hear us.
- Select Good Topics - Ask speakers who are faithful to the Church to talk to your group on occasion and try to vary the formats -- one week have a straight lecture and a Question and Answer session, the next week you might break into small groups to discuss a particular topic. In short, mix things up!
Keep the people intrigued with a mix of topics. Don't be afraid to dive into heavy topics with your youth groups. Just remember to keep the conversation age appropriate.
Pray a lot for discernment. Pray to know when you should deliver the tough message and when you should wait for a better time.
Do some "ice breaker" activities at the beginning of a meeting. Ask things like: Who travelled the farthest during the last week or month? Who had a birthday? etc. They will help people feel more comfortable and help build familiarity and freindships.
- Use Good Marketing - They say that perception is reality. If your group is perceived as a good place to be, it will draw people to it and help keep them interested and involved. Use some of these specific ways to promote your group:
- Develop a catchy group name. Try for something short and easy to remember - hold a contest to come up with the name
- Create a logo or visual identity that you can use on papers, signs, or even t-shirts.
- Create t-shirts to build on a sense of membership and belonging. People like to belong to things.
- Consider putting a sports team together and play in a local church or park league.
- Ask someone to act as a PR person to place regular announcements about group activities in the church bulletin and local media.
- Print up some business cards with group's meeting times, location, and even a map. Let the members have some to use as invitations to friends at school etc.
- Publish a regular newsletter - monthly, if possible. Even one page is enough. You can ask the members to contribute stories or write about recent activities and outings.
- Thinks of funny or clever titles to promote upcoming events or study topics. Be creative, but tasteful.
- Ask group members to actively seek out new members and be on the lookout for other kids who might benefit from your group. Recognize and reward those who invite others. You might even establish a "Bring A Friend" night once a month.
- Run a canned good collection or other activity that will benefit others. Invite the people you meet to come to your meetings or check out your church.
- Create The Right Atmosphere - Make your meetings comfortable, inviting, and upbeat. Try to create a sense of anticipation for your next meeting. Make people feel like there is always something special happening at the meetings. Invite members to help decorate the meeting room if allowed.
The Top No Upfront Cost
Fundraisers in America
Top Fundraising Products
The most exciting new fundraiser in years! Earn up to 90%. Cards NEVER Expire. Low minimums. FREE shipping. Cardholder gets up to 75% savings at thousands of different stores. Great for EVERY group!! You can sell these fundraising cards anywhere in the United States. There are no geographical limitations.
These scratch off cards are our most profitable baseball fundraiser. The card graphics with batter and catcher clearly let people know you are holding a baseball team scratch card fundraiser. We will imprint your team name just below the word Team on the cards at no additional cost. Make up to 90% profit.
You can choose from 2 different candy bar variety packs including: Hershey's Max Candy Assortment: 10 Reese's 3 Cup, 10 Kit Kat, 6 Hershey Almond, 6 Caramello, 8 Hershey Milk Chocolate, 12 Hershey Take 5 or Hershey's Chocolatetown Plus: 10 Kit Kat, 8 Hershey's Milk Chocolate, 8 Hershey's Almond, 10 Reese's Pieces, 8 Twizzlers, 8 Reese's 3 Cup.
Original One Dollar Bars are PEANUT FREE and the largest fundraiser candy bars. Besides being the largest candy bar the One Dollar Bars are only sold through fundraising and are not sold in discount retail stores or vending machines at discounted prices. With only a one case minimum, this chocolate fund raising product is perfect for small groups.
Chocolate fundraising lollipops are a great way to combine the ease of selling lollipops with the popularity of selling chocolate candy. You'll find chocolate lollipops that cover the major holiday selling seasons along with sports specific lollipops. You sell the lollipops for $1.00 and make 40% profit.
Football is a very expensive sport to play. That is why so many teams decide to hold a football fundraiser. Our scratch off program for football teams is an easy way for players to raise $100 each in a relatively short period of time. Whether you are raising money for a team or a league, scratch card fundraisers have worked well for all sized football groups.
Helpful Pages to Consider
Please Follow Us
Google+ Plus 1
Free Fundraising Thermometer