- Start and End With Prayer - The bible teaches us that God blesses those who bless Him and He speaks to those who listen. The foundation and power of your group should be prayer. Group leaders should also get together and pray for direction and guidance. Remember, if we pray God will hear us.
- Select Good Topics - Ask speakers who are faithful to the Church to talk to your group on occasion and try to vary the formats -- one week have a straight lecture and a Question and Answer session, the next week you might break into small groups to discuss a particular topic. In short, mix things up!
Keep the people intrigued with a mix of topics. Don't be afraid to dive into heavy topics with your youth groups. Just remember to keep the conversation age appropriate.
Pray a lot for discernment. Pray to know when you should deliver the tough message and when you should wait for a better time.
Do some "ice breaker" activities at the beginning of a meeting. Ask things like: Who travelled the farthest during the last week or month? Who had a birthday? etc. They will help people feel more comfortable and help build familiarity and freindships.
- Use Good Marketing - They say that perception is reality. If your group is perceived as a good place to be, it will draw people to it and help keep them interested and involved. Use some of these specific ways to promote your group:
- Develop a catchy group name. Try for something short and easy to remember - hold a contest to come up with the name
- Create a logo or visual identity that you can use on papers, signs, or even t-shirts.
- Create t-shirts to build on a sense of membership and belonging. People like to belong to things.
- Consider putting a sports team together and play in a local church or park league.
- Ask someone to act as a PR person to place regular announcements about group activities in the church bulletin and local media.
- Print up some business cards with group's meeting times, location, and even a map. Let the members have some to use as invitations to friends at school etc.
- Publish a regular newsletter - monthly, if possible. Even one page is enough. You can ask the members to contribute stories or write about recent activities and outings.
- Thinks of funny or clever titles to promote upcoming events or study topics. Be creative, but tasteful.
- Ask group members to actively seek out new members and be on the lookout for other kids who might benefit from your group. Recognize and reward those who invite others. You might even establish a "Bring A Friend" night once a month.
- Run a canned good collection or other activity that will benefit others. Invite the people you meet to come to your meetings or check out your church.
- Create The Right Atmosphere - Make your meetings comfortable, inviting, and upbeat. Try to create a sense of anticipation for your next meeting. Make people feel like there is always something special happening at the meetings. Invite members to help decorate the meeting room if allowed.
The Top No Upfront Cost
Fundraisers in America
Top Fundraising Products
If you are a faith-based group and want to sell candles then consider our Journey in Faith candle line. This is our newest candle line for faith-based groups. We provide free candle brochures to pre sell the candles so there is not need for upfront cash.
If you are holding a fundraiser in the fall then you might consider a calendar fundraiser. You will offer a great selection of top quality calendars. There is no upfront cost and you can make up to 60% profit. People buy new calendars every year. Your group should offer those calendars.
The Original One Dollar Bars comes in two different variety packs. These are our best selling candy bar fundraisers. They offer the largest one dollar fundraising candy bar that is manufactured in a peanut free facility.
Our Gourmet Creations program is one of our fastest growing. You will sell dozens of great tasting kits that contain everything needed to cook breads, cookies, pretzels and much more. The products taste great and are getting rave reviews. It is an easy fundraiser since you will not be handling a frozen product. Your group can make up to 55% profit.
Wrestling fundraising is quite often reflective of its sport and more of an individual project. But scratch off fundraising is a terrific way for either teams or individual wrestlers to meet their financial needs. Each scratch card raises $100 and can be imprinted with up to three lines of custom text to customize your card.
We'd like to introduce you to Magic Melts. It's the best way to take advantage of the popularity of wickless candles. You will be selling packages that include 6 large fragrance bars for only $4 per package. There are 10 wonderful scents to choose from. Each case comes with 80 packages of Magic Melts so total sales per case will be $320.
Helpful Pages to Consider
Please Follow Us
Google+ Plus 1
Free Fundraising Thermometer