- Start and End With Prayer - The bible teaches us that God blesses those who bless Him and He speaks to those who listen. The foundation and power of your group should be prayer. Group leaders should also get together and pray for direction and guidance. Remember, if we pray God will hear us.
- Select Good Topics - Ask speakers who are faithful to the Church to talk to your group on occasion and try to vary the formats -- one week have a straight lecture and a Question and Answer session, the next week you might break into small groups to discuss a particular topic. In short, mix things up!
Keep the people intrigued with a mix of topics. Don't be afraid to dive into heavy topics with your youth groups. Just remember to keep the conversation age appropriate.
Pray a lot for discernment. Pray to know when you should deliver the tough message and when you should wait for a better time.
Do some "ice breaker" activities at the beginning of a meeting. Ask things like: Who travelled the farthest during the last week or month? Who had a birthday? etc. They will help people feel more comfortable and help build familiarity and freindships.
- Use Good Marketing - They say that perception is reality. If your group is perceived as a good place to be, it will draw people to it and help keep them interested and involved. Use some of these specific ways to promote your group:
- Develop a catchy group name. Try for something short and easy to remember - hold a contest to come up with the name
- Create a logo or visual identity that you can use on papers, signs, or even t-shirts.
- Create t-shirts to build on a sense of membership and belonging. People like to belong to things.
- Consider putting a sports team together and play in a local church or park league.
- Ask someone to act as a PR person to place regular announcements about group activities in the church bulletin and local media.
- Print up some business cards with group's meeting times, location, and even a map. Let the members have some to use as invitations to friends at school etc.
- Publish a regular newsletter - monthly, if possible. Even one page is enough. You can ask the members to contribute stories or write about recent activities and outings.
- Thinks of funny or clever titles to promote upcoming events or study topics. Be creative, but tasteful.
- Ask group members to actively seek out new members and be on the lookout for other kids who might benefit from your group. Recognize and reward those who invite others. You might even establish a "Bring A Friend" night once a month.
- Run a canned good collection or other activity that will benefit others. Invite the people you meet to come to your meetings or check out your church.
- Create The Right Atmosphere - Make your meetings comfortable, inviting, and upbeat. Try to create a sense of anticipation for your next meeting. Make people feel like there is always something special happening at the meetings. Invite members to help decorate the meeting room if allowed.
The Top No Upfront Cost
Fundraisers in America
Top Fundraising Products
Raise money by creating your own discount card fundraiser. Sign up between 8 and 12 local merchants to advertise on the back of your fundraising discount cards. We will custom design the front for your group. These fundraiser discount cards make terrific annual fundraising tools.
This is the perfect holiday season fundraiser. Our Home for the Holidays Candles make the perfect gift. There's no upfront cost so anyone can start this fundraiser. We provide everything you need to get started and there's no obligation or cost.
Football is a very expensive sport to play. That is why so many teams decide to hold a football fundraiser. Our scratch off program for football teams is an easy way for players to raise $100 each in a relatively short period of time. Whether you are raising money for a team or a league, scratch card fundraisers have worked well for all sized football groups.
Scratch card fundraising is one of the highest profit fundraisers available to any group needing to raise money. Our Money Scratch Card is the top selling of our fundraising scratch cards because it clearly indicates you are raising money and can be used by any type of fundraising group. Each card raises $100.
Jack Links Beef Sticks are a great alternative to candy fundraising. The beef sticks meet or exceed most school nutritional standards. The sticks sell for only $2 each. You can purchase as little as 1 case and shipping is absolutely free
City Savings Cards are our top multi-merchant discount card fundraiser. You select merchants from a list of hundreds in your area. WE do the rest of the work, contacting each merchant to get them to offer discounts specifically for your discount card fundraiser! Each fundraising card will contain UNLIMITED USE discounts from at least 10 local merchants.
Helpful Pages to Consider
Please Follow Us
Google+ Plus 1
Free Fundraising Thermometer