- Start and End With Prayer - The bible teaches us that God blesses those who bless Him and He speaks to those who listen. The foundation and power of your group should be prayer. Group leaders should also get together and pray for direction and guidance. Remember, if we pray God will hear us.
- Select Good Topics - Ask speakers who are faithful to the Church to talk to your group on occasion and try to vary the formats -- one week have a straight lecture and a Question and Answer session, the next week you might break into small groups to discuss a particular topic. In short, mix things up!
Keep the people intrigued with a mix of topics. Don't be afraid to dive into heavy topics with your youth groups. Just remember to keep the conversation age appropriate.
Pray a lot for discernment. Pray to know when you should deliver the tough message and when you should wait for a better time.
Do some "ice breaker" activities at the beginning of a meeting. Ask things like: Who travelled the farthest during the last week or month? Who had a birthday? etc. They will help people feel more comfortable and help build familiarity and freindships.
- Use Good Marketing - They say that perception is reality. If your group is perceived as a good place to be, it will draw people to it and help keep them interested and involved. Use some of these specific ways to promote your group:
- Develop a catchy group name. Try for something short and easy to remember - hold a contest to come up with the name
- Create a logo or visual identity that you can use on papers, signs, or even t-shirts.
- Create t-shirts to build on a sense of membership and belonging. People like to belong to things.
- Consider putting a sports team together and play in a local church or park league.
- Ask someone to act as a PR person to place regular announcements about group activities in the church bulletin and local media.
- Print up some business cards with group's meeting times, location, and even a map. Let the members have some to use as invitations to friends at school etc.
- Publish a regular newsletter - monthly, if possible. Even one page is enough. You can ask the members to contribute stories or write about recent activities and outings.
- Thinks of funny or clever titles to promote upcoming events or study topics. Be creative, but tasteful.
- Ask group members to actively seek out new members and be on the lookout for other kids who might benefit from your group. Recognize and reward those who invite others. You might even establish a "Bring A Friend" night once a month.
- Run a canned good collection or other activity that will benefit others. Invite the people you meet to come to your meetings or check out your church.
- Create The Right Atmosphere - Make your meetings comfortable, inviting, and upbeat. Try to create a sense of anticipation for your next meeting. Make people feel like there is always something special happening at the meetings. Invite members to help decorate the meeting room if allowed.
The Top No Upfront Cost
Fundraisers in America
Top Fundraising Products
Each Smen has a suggested retail price of $2 and your cost is $1 per Smen. You get 300 Smens in each case. There is only a 1 case minimum. Shipping is FREE. This is a great earth friendly fundraising product.
If you have been looking at alternatives to candy fundraising this is the program for you. Everyone loves a cookie now and then. Offer your supporters one of these delicious $1 baked chocolate chip cookies. There is only a 1 case minimum order. Shipping is FREE.
You can still make high profits with a candy bar fundraiser. Our Chocolatiers Candy Bars offer profits as high as 60%. There is a small one case minimum and shipping is always FREE. These candy bars are manufactured in a peanut free facility and guaranteed to be peanut free.
We'd like to introduce you to Magic Melts. It's the best way to take advantage of the popularity of wickless candles. You will be selling packages that include 6 large fragrance bars for only $4 per package. There are 10 wonderful scents to choose from. Each case comes with 80 packages of Magic Melts so total sales per case will be $320.
Chocolate fundraising lollipops are a great way to combine the ease of selling lollipops with the popularity of selling chocolate candy. You'll find chocolate lollipops that cover the major holiday selling seasons along with sports specific lollipops. You sell the lollipops for $1.00 and make 40% profit.
You have to try our irresistibly sweet and salty chocolate covered pretzel rods! The Rods are dipped in milk chocolate and then rolled in delicious select toppings including crushed candy coated chocolates, toffee, and rainbow sprinkles. The mixture of salty pretzel, sweet chocolate, and toppings is sure to satisfy all cravings! Fall Promotion: 1 Free Case with every 20 cases!
Helpful Pages to Consider
Please Follow Us
Google+ Plus 1
Free Fundraising Thermometer