- Start and End With Prayer - The bible teaches us that God blesses those who bless Him and He speaks to those who listen. The foundation and power of your group should be prayer. Group leaders should also get together and pray for direction and guidance. Remember, if we pray God will hear us.
- Select Good Topics - Ask speakers who are faithful to the Church to talk to your group on occasion and try to vary the formats -- one week have a straight lecture and a Question and Answer session, the next week you might break into small groups to discuss a particular topic. In short, mix things up!
Keep the people intrigued with a mix of topics. Don't be afraid to dive into heavy topics with your youth groups. Just remember to keep the conversation age appropriate.
Pray a lot for discernment. Pray to know when you should deliver the tough message and when you should wait for a better time.
Do some "ice breaker" activities at the beginning of a meeting. Ask things like: Who travelled the farthest during the last week or month? Who had a birthday? etc. They will help people feel more comfortable and help build familiarity and freindships.
- Use Good Marketing - They say that perception is reality. If your group is perceived as a good place to be, it will draw people to it and help keep them interested and involved. Use some of these specific ways to promote your group:
- Develop a catchy group name. Try for something short and easy to remember - hold a contest to come up with the name
- Create a logo or visual identity that you can use on papers, signs, or even t-shirts.
- Create t-shirts to build on a sense of membership and belonging. People like to belong to things.
- Consider putting a sports team together and play in a local church or park league.
- Ask someone to act as a PR person to place regular announcements about group activities in the church bulletin and local media.
- Print up some business cards with group's meeting times, location, and even a map. Let the members have some to use as invitations to friends at school etc.
- Publish a regular newsletter - monthly, if possible. Even one page is enough. You can ask the members to contribute stories or write about recent activities and outings.
- Thinks of funny or clever titles to promote upcoming events or study topics. Be creative, but tasteful.
- Ask group members to actively seek out new members and be on the lookout for other kids who might benefit from your group. Recognize and reward those who invite others. You might even establish a "Bring A Friend" night once a month.
- Run a canned good collection or other activity that will benefit others. Invite the people you meet to come to your meetings or check out your church.
- Create The Right Atmosphere - Make your meetings comfortable, inviting, and upbeat. Try to create a sense of anticipation for your next meeting. Make people feel like there is always something special happening at the meetings. Invite members to help decorate the meeting room if allowed.
The Top No Upfront Cost
Fundraisers in America
Top Fundraising Products
You will increase your lollipop sales during the holiday season with these great Christmas Lollipops. They are packaged in cases of 640 fundraising lollipops. Inside the case are 8 packages with each package containing 80 lollipops. You will make 50% profit selling just one case. And shipping is free
We'd like to introduce you to Magic Melts. It's the best way to take advantage of the popularity of wickless candles. You will be selling packages that include 6 large fragrance bars for only $4 per package. There are 10 wonderful scents to choose from. Each case comes with 80 packages of Magic Melts so total sales per case will be $320.
If you are exploring church fundraiser ideas, scratch off cards might be your answer. Our faith based scratch card fundraising program is designed for churches, faith based schools and church youth groups. Supporters make donations based amounts revealed on the scratch cards and are given valuable coupons as thank you gifts.
This is our newest coffee product. Instead of pre selling coffee you order backpacks filled with 52 $1 packets of assorted flavored coffee. Sellers keep the back packs as prizes. Each back pack comes with 52 packets of coffee. Each packet makes a full pot of coffee. You can purchase as little as one case of 9 back packs.
Pizza fundraiser cards are our most popular fundraiser. You sell the Pizza Fundraising Cards for $10. The card entitles the holder to a free medium one topping pizza when they purchase a large one topping. The cards are good at thousands of locations including specific participating Papa Johns, Pizza Huts and more.
The Original One Dollar Bars comes in two different variety packs. These are our best selling candy bar fundraisers. They offer the largest one dollar fundraising candy bar that is manufactured in a peanut free facility.
Helpful Pages to Consider
Please Follow Us
Google+ Plus 1
Free Fundraising Thermometer