- Start and End With Prayer - The bible teaches us that God blesses those who bless Him and He speaks to those who listen. The foundation and power of your group should be prayer. Group leaders should also get together and pray for direction and guidance. Remember, if we pray God will hear us.
- Select Good Topics - Ask speakers who are faithful to the Church to talk to your group on occasion and try to vary the formats -- one week have a straight lecture and a Question and Answer session, the next week you might break into small groups to discuss a particular topic. In short, mix things up!
Keep the people intrigued with a mix of topics. Don't be afraid to dive into heavy topics with your youth groups. Just remember to keep the conversation age appropriate.
Pray a lot for discernment. Pray to know when you should deliver the tough message and when you should wait for a better time.
Do some "ice breaker" activities at the beginning of a meeting. Ask things like: Who travelled the farthest during the last week or month? Who had a birthday? etc. They will help people feel more comfortable and help build familiarity and freindships.
- Use Good Marketing - They say that perception is reality. If your group is perceived as a good place to be, it will draw people to it and help keep them interested and involved. Use some of these specific ways to promote your group:
- Develop a catchy group name. Try for something short and easy to remember - hold a contest to come up with the name
- Create a logo or visual identity that you can use on papers, signs, or even t-shirts.
- Create t-shirts to build on a sense of membership and belonging. People like to belong to things.
- Consider putting a sports team together and play in a local church or park league.
- Ask someone to act as a PR person to place regular announcements about group activities in the church bulletin and local media.
- Print up some business cards with group's meeting times, location, and even a map. Let the members have some to use as invitations to friends at school etc.
- Publish a regular newsletter - monthly, if possible. Even one page is enough. You can ask the members to contribute stories or write about recent activities and outings.
- Thinks of funny or clever titles to promote upcoming events or study topics. Be creative, but tasteful.
- Ask group members to actively seek out new members and be on the lookout for other kids who might benefit from your group. Recognize and reward those who invite others. You might even establish a "Bring A Friend" night once a month.
- Run a canned good collection or other activity that will benefit others. Invite the people you meet to come to your meetings or check out your church.
- Create The Right Atmosphere - Make your meetings comfortable, inviting, and upbeat. Try to create a sense of anticipation for your next meeting. Make people feel like there is always something special happening at the meetings. Invite members to help decorate the meeting room if allowed.
The Top No Upfront Cost
Fundraisers in America
Top Fundraising Products
Earth fundraising candles are a great way to raise money with no upfront money. You offer a terrific selection of candles in all the most popular scents. You make 50% profit on every candle you sell. You can even qualify for free shipping. We provide free brochures for each member of your group and all the materials you need to hold your candle sale.
Quote fundraising candles are our newest and most exciting new fundraising candles. They are a great way to raise money with no upfront money. Each candle label comes with an inspiring quote. You make 50% profit on every candle you sell. You can even qualify for free shipping. We provide free brochures for each member of your group and all the materials you need to hold your candle fundraiser.
This is the original Pak that started it all. Still, the best selling healthy snack fundraiser in America. The Cal Pak is CA SB-12 compliant with 35-10-35 regulations in California, so it can be sold on campus during school hours. Also, CA SB-12 serves as the template for many other states which have recently added regulations. There are 66 snacks in each Cal Pak and 4 Cal Paks in each Mastercase.
There are many groups searching for fraternity and sorority fundraising ideas. Scratch card fundraisers are a great way to raise a lot of money very quickly. We can even work with your group to design a custom coupon sheet with merchants surrounding your school to make the program even more targeted to your supporters.
Everyone loves to save money. That's why they search for subway sandwich coupons. These fundraising cards are like getting 20 subway subs coupons. You download the merchant agreement, take it to your local sandwich shop and we will print your fundraising cards with the store name and logo along with your group info.
The newest addition to our candle fundraisers. Magic Melts are highly scented wickless wax bars that you melt in candle warmers. There's no cost to start this fundraiser. Make 50% profit. You can even qualify for free shipping.
Helpful Pages to Consider
Please Follow Us
Google+ Plus 1
Free Fundraising Thermometer