Cheerleading Fundraisers - 3 Things to Increase Results
There is absolutely no reason every cheerleading fundraiser shouldn't be successful.
But unfortunately that's not always the case.
The good news is that with a little focus just about every cheerleading fundraising idea can work.
So let's talk about 3 things you and your cheer squad should discuss before starting. While we certainly guarantee results you will certainly be better equipped to start your cheer fundraiser with a better chance for success.
#1 Formulate a Game Plan
The problem with lots of cheerleading fundraisers is that they are last minute events with little to no planning prior to getting started.
It's no wonder that results can be lacking.
So here are some things to brainstorm as you develop a fundraising game plan:
1. How much money are you trying to raise?
2. Will you hold one fundraiser or are your needs too large for just one?
3. Have you clearly defined what the money you are raising will be used for?
4. Do you have a basic schedule for your fundraiser? Make sure it includes planning time, a start date, turn in date, end date and delivery date.
5. Create a list of successful cheerleading fundraisers you've held over the past few years.
#2 Have a Group Meeting
At your meeting make sure you designate time to take specifically about your fundraiser.
The first thing you should discuss is the need for the fundraiser. What do your cheerleaders need that requires a fundraiser. Be sure each cheerleader understands the personal benefits they will receive from helping with the fundraiser.
Next go on to goals. Everyone should know how much you are trying to raise and when you need to raise the money by. That means each cheerleader needs to know what you expect of them individually. Set individual goals as minimums.
Review the schedule for when you are planning to get started.
#3 Choose a Fundraising Product
1. Cheer Scratch Card Fundraisers: Scratch card fundraisers are fun ways to get donations. A cheerleader will raise $100 with a single card. They get supporters to scratch off 2 or more concealed dots and donate the revealed amount of money. We give you sheets of coupons to give as thank you gifts when you receive donations. It's a fun and easy fundraiser. Click for more details
2. Cookie Dough Fundraisers: Cookie dough is an extremely easy item for cheerleaders to sell and our $10 tubs of frozen dough has been the top cheer brochure fundraiser for at least the last 3 years. There's no cost to get started. At the end of your sale you buy only to flavors that you pre sold. Shipping is free. Get more info
3. Candy Bar Fundraisers: Candy bars have historically been one of the most affordable and easiest to sell fundraising products. If you want an inexpensive item that you can sell at games and elsewhere consider our peanut free candy bars. They sell for a dollar each. You can buy as little as one case at a time and shipping is FREE. Get more info
In this section you will find suggestions and ideas on the best cheerleading fundraising ideas. Cheerleading fundraising is usually quite successful because of the outgoing nature of most cheerleaders. The trick is going through our easy cheerleading fundraising ideas and picking the best option for your cheerleaders.
Are you in charge of choosing a Cheerleading Fundraising Idea?
Easy Fundraising Ideas helps thousands of groups raise millions of dollars every single year. Some of the most successful groups are cheerleaders holding cheerleading fundraisers. Our goal is to help you choose the bestfundraising idea for your group.
The cost for most cheerleading and dance programs is rising ever year and many of those programs have turned to fundraising to help cover things like coaching fees, uniforms, camps, competitions, etc.. The costs vary depending on the level of cheer you participate in. But the costs can easily overwhelm even the wealthiest families.
The Best Cheerleading Fundraisers
The good news is that there are tons of great cheerleading fundraising ideas. The better news is that cheerleaders are by nature very outgoing and therefore usually very good sales people.
At the top of this page we briefly offer 8 different product fundraisers for you to consider. They are all tried and proven to earn money by cheer squads all over the country.
But there are a few things you can do to further insure the success of any fundraiser you choose.
Before you even get started make a list of the things you feel like you need to raise money for. Make sure your cheerleaders would agree that the end use of the money is motivation enough for them to work hard. There are lots of needs to cover so identifying things your squad will relate to should be easy.
Once you know why you are raising money you should calculate how much money you need to raise. Again we urge you to be specific. Come up with a number that clearly covers your needs and share that number with your cheerleaders. Let them know the goal and set deadlines for meeting the goal.
Then and only then decide which fundraiser you feel would be the best to reach your financial goals in your predetermined time frame. Great squads will meet and brainstorm the fundraising ideas you are considering. Have an open mind and list to your cheerleaders. After all they will be the ones that will sell. You want them on board because the best outcome would be to raise the money you need with a single fundraiser.
You might want to do a little research to see what other groups might be fundraising when you are. If you know the football team will be selling coffee you probably don't want to sell coffee as well.